Graduate Programs - How To Apply
All graduate admissions packages require:
- Completed program Application - including Date of Birth (MM/DD/YY)
- A non-refundable $50 application fee, taken at the time of application; within 24-48 business hours, you will receive a receipt upon confirmation of application.
- Official transcripts of all previous undergraduate work, including proof of completion of a Bachelor's degree at an accredited institution.
- Note: The agency that accredited the institution must be recognized by the United States Department of Education.
- Official transcripts of all previous undergraduate coursework with proof of completion of a Bachelor's degree sent directly from the awarding institution to Atlantic University:
Office of Admissions
215 67th Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
- International Degrees:
- Transcripts must be translated into English and evaluated for a "course-by-course" equivalency by a credential evaluating agency. Many students use WES for transcript credentialing.
- Students for whom English is a second language will demonstrate English-language proficiency by submitting a passing score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) to the Atlantic University Office of Admissions (A minimum score of 530 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language [TOEFL PBT]), or 71 on the Internet-Based Test (iBT), a 6.5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS), or 50 on the Pearson Test of English Academic Score Report). Students can be conditionally admitted to the school pending the receipt of English-language proficiency scores. Passing scores must be made available to the Atlantic University Admissions office by the end of the first enrolled semester or enrollment in the next semester will be suspended. Search for a testing center in your area.
- Please see the page for International Students for more information.
- An admissions essay, details below. The essay must be typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 point font, and emailed as a Word document or PDF to email@example.com.
- Beginning January 1, 2020: A scanned copy of the prospective student's government or state-issued photo identification card emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. (See Identity Verification Policy for more information).
- A completed Graduate Financial and Enrollment Agreement emailed to the applicant.
- In addition to the above-stated requirements, the Mindful Leadership degree and the Mindful Leadership Graduate certificate requires the submission of a current resume or CV.
- Video call interview (Zoom), scheduled upon receipt of all the above material.
Graduate Program Essay Requirements
In an original essay of at least 1000 words (typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 point font), address the following:
- What prompted you to choose Atlantic University for your graduate studies?
- What are your professional, personal, and educational goals? How will this program help you achieve those goals?
- Given the nature of distance education and utilizing an online classroom management system, weekly discussion posts, and a digital library, explain how you are prepared to meet the demands of the online education environment, including staying self-motivated and independently organized.