Integrated Imagery: Regression Hypnosis At a Glance
The Integrated Imagery: Regression Hypnosis graduate certificate is one of the most in-depth programs in the country. Students receive their training through a hybrid model –learning is completed both online and through a four-day face-to-face residential in Virginia Beach, VA. Additionally, students receive practice in this modality of healing through completing a series of practicums and practices sessions with volunteer participants. Graduates from this program are well versed in all aspects of regression hypnosis and have the opportunity to open their own practice when they complete all three levels.
The Integrated Imagery: Regression Hypnosis program is co-sponsored by the Tarsia Center, which promotes personal growth, transformation and healing, and the personal processing of old imprints on the soul’s memory, enabling individuals to expand their personal consciousness.
2019/20 Integrated Imagery: Regression Hypnosis Schedule
Level 1: Semester 3, July 8 - September 29. On-campus residential: July 29-August 1.
Level 2: Semester 4, September 30 - December 22. On-campus residential: TBA.
Level 3: Semester 1, 2020, TBA
Integrated Imagery is a psycho-spiritual experiential technique that makes deliberate use of altered states of consciousness to enable people to access the many dimensions of the unconscious mind. One primary objective of Integrated Imagery is to uncover and process the origins of the negative and positive dynamics which affect our daily lives, whether considered as karmic patterns or psychological complexes. These antecedents are inevitably reflected in, and influence, a person's existential well-being, sense of personal meaning or sense of Soul Purpose, and may be associated with the biographical life or what appear to be the karmic roots from other lifetimes.
The technique makes use of the principles in Eriksonian hypnotherapy, Gestalt therapy, Psychodrama, Jungian psychology, various forms of regression therapy, and certain body-based psychotherapies. From a spiritual or transpersonal perspective, it draws on the metaphysical philosophy in Eastern religions, Western mystical traditions and Esoteric spiritual philosophies – such as the intuited psychic readings of Edgar Cayce. Integrated Imagery is also supported by current research in the field of neurobiology.
In the process of exploring the unconscious mind and the formation and function of both negative and positive complexes, Integrated Imagery focuses on the Energetic Chain of Experience. This continuum of states of consciousness includes the biographical present life, the pre- and perinatal, perceived past life, afterlife, between life, before life and future life experience. This technique of accessing experiences in the Energetic Chain and transpersonal states of consciousness is very much a positive psychological method. The emphasis is on enlivening and reinforcing those positive biographical and karmic themes which contribute to one’s Soul Purpose while de-energizing the negative which may be causing disruptions in the present life.
It is also important to understand that although the technique enables subjects to access what appear to be past lives and transpersonal states of consciousness, the subjects of the regression experience need not have any belief in reincarnation or spirituality. In the case of non-believers, these states of consciousness typically can still be accessed for the purpose of insight and healing through the import of the active imagination. In this respect, Integrated Imagery can be viewed as another technique comparable to those used in dream work, sand play, and/or any of the creative arts therapies, and will tend to be relevant to the subject's life and therefore have healing potential.
A certificate holder from this program is not a psychotherapist or licensed counselor but rather acts as a trained regressionist experienced in this technique of Integrated Imagery.
The purpose of this Graduate Certificate in Integrated Imagery: Regression Hypnosis is to introduce Integrated Imagery to the student as a technique for psychological and spiritual growth. Each course in the program is a prerequisite to the next. Progressively more advanced topics and techniques are introduced, including processing trauma, the use of progressions, an introduction to dealing with spirit attachments, and the application of Integrated Imagery as a technique in spiritual mentoring. Consequently, emphasis will be placed on the issue of ethics and establish a mentoring practice. By the conclusion of the certificate coursework requirements, students will have experience in conducting a minimum of 40 individual Integrated Imagery regression hypnosis sessions.
Through online cohort and mentor interactions and three required, supervised four-day residencies in Virginia Beach, VA, skills are learned and practiced to de-energize negative patterns and enliven positive experiences and memories.
Equally important is the experience of higher states of consciousness to gain insight and to activate the inherent creative Source. Another application of Integrated Imagery is to access transpersonal states of consciousness in order to gain additional insights, guidance, and creative impetus to support the process of conscious evolution, spiritual development, and creativity.
As a result of the assigned reading material, residency lectures, and discussions, the student will be able to:
- Describe the principles of the theory of reincarnation, hypnosis induction and regression techniques, complex psychology, and Integrated Imagery;
- Demonstrate the ability to perform intake preparation and induction, processing, and closure and integration techniques of Integrated Imagery at an advancing skill level that produces meaningful material from the subject’s unconscious to enhance the quality of life;
- Explain how both positive and negative complexes form and function, and how de-energizing the negative and enlivening the positive relationship to the life journey and Soul Purpose;
- Demonstrate skill in guiding through the regression experience;
- Apply what has been learned about Integrated Imagery to guide a subject into accessing creative insight and enabling the creative impulse.
All three levels of this graduate certificate will begin in the online classroom. During the fourth week of the semester, students will gather on campus for a four-day intensive, called a residential. Residential instruction is held on the Atlantic University/A.R.E. campus in Virginia Beach, VA. This face-to-face component combines faculty instruction with a practical application of Integrated Imagery techniques.
Our beautiful ocean-side campus offers students a relaxing environment in which to discover more about themselves while taking advantage of the academic campus community.
- Flying: The closest airport is Norfolk International Airport (ORF), (Airport to Virginia Beach, VA is approximately 30 minutes)
- Driving: The address is 215 67th Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23451. Directions.
Regression Hypnosis classes are held in the Main Auditorium in the Visitors Center, the large brown building closest to the ocean. Administrative offices are located on the second floor of the DeLaski Education Center, the building at the top of the hill on the right. Please ask for directions at the Visitors Center reception desk.
The hotel closest to the Atlantic University/A.R.E. campus is the Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront (only ten blocks from the campus). A shuttle van can take you to and from the hotel and campus. You can also rent a bicycle from the hotel (please call to reserve) or walk either on the beach or a very safe feeder road.
Wyndham Virginia Beach Oceanfront
5700 Atlantic Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
On campus, from 10-3, Cafe 67 offers lunch options.
- As an Atlantic University student, enjoy a 10% discount on all purchases at the A.R.E. Bookstore, the largest and best metaphysical bookstore in the region!
- Enjoy the beautiful beach and the Atlantic Ocean just across the street from the A.R.E.
- Schedule a massage, steam, and other health treatments at our A.R.E. Health Center & Spa (1-800-333-4499, ext. 7280)
- Spend time in our metaphysical library, the largest of its kind in the U.S.
- Sit quietly in our 3rd-floor meditation room and outdoor garden.
- Meditatively stroll the labyrinth while taking in the view of the ocean.
- Take advantage of the beautiful First Landing State Park State; the entrance to "The Narrows" is just three blocks from campus at the end of 64th street, the Main Entrance is on Shore Drive.
- Take a trip to the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center just a few miles south of the A.R.E. Campus. 717 General Booth Blvd., Virginia Beach, VA. 23451
Each course involves theory and application through a didactic and supervised experiential process, including a four-day required residency in the first four weeks of the semester. Students join an online cohort and have mentor interaction prior to and subsequent to the residency. The online component of each course involves the submission of case presentations discussing the residential experience as a guide and as a traveler, as well as 8 practice regression sessions to be conducted privately the final weeks of the course.
9 Credit Hours, 3 Online Courses (Certificate Completion Plan)
Required Courses (9 Credit Hours)
Students who have completed one or more of the courses in this certificate program may transfer those credit hours into the Master of Arts in Transpersonal Psychology program. Please contact Admissions for more information.