Transfer Credits Information
Transferring Credits to Atlantic University
Students may transfer up to four courses (twelve hours of graduate credit) if such courses are determined to be relevant and comparable to those offered by the University.
- The course must be graduate level
- The course must have been completed at an Accredited College or University recognized by the US Department of Education. International students must have their transcripts evaluated prior to consideration for transfer. A list of evaluators can be provided by the admission department.
- The student must have earned a “B” or better in the course
- The course must pertain to Atlantic University’s Curriculum. The content of the transferred in course must be comparable to the content of a course offered by Atlantic University
- The course will be reviewed for transferability using the following:
- Official transcripts
- Title, description, syllabus, course objectives and/or justification for its applicability to Atlantic University’s curriculum.
- If approved, transfer credit will be based on the course’s original semester hours or quarter hours. If the credit was quarter hour, it will be converted to the semester hour to meet Atlantic University’s transcript requirements.
Transferring Credits from Atlantic University
Should a student wish to transfer Atlantic University credits to another institution or to pursue a graduate degree at another university, it should be noted that the acceptance of Atlantic University’s credits and/or recognition of the degree it confers is discretionary on the part of the receiving university.