At a Glance
The Lifelong Learning program is for seekers who wish to immerse themselves into an innovative online learning environment, which focuses on holistic healing, spiritual development, and the teachings of Edgar Cayce. These students want to learn more about themselves and others for both their personal enrichment and professional development. Atlantic University's distance learning, noncredit courses brings the knowledge to you!
Atlantic University has instituted a noncredit option for lifelong learners. Almost all of the courses at the university can be taken at the noncredit level (some restrictions apply). The Lifelong Learning program is a great option for those who do not wish to pursue a graduate degree or a formal certificate, but still want to participate in all that Atlantic University has to offer. And, the online format is great for those who cannot travel to Virginia Beach for on-campus programs.
There are no prerequisite requirements for participation in Lifelong Learning courses and students will study with the same mentors as in the degree and certificate programs. Courses taken at the noncredit level do not have academic credit and are not transferable to the master’s degree program.
Upon the successful completion of each course, the student will be issued an official university Certificate of Completion.
Certain courses can transfer into the Spiritual Guidance Mentor Certificate program.
This unique experience is available to those seeking profound personal growth and enrichment through noncredit instruction. The program is designed to be an innovative learning experience that will not only result in expanding the student’s vocabulary and knowledge in this field of study but will also work to augment various professional career paths and enhance personal growth.
Lifelong Learning students are:
- Held to the course deadlines for assignments;
- Required to read the required material and to respond to the topic assigned (versus digressing from the assigned topic);
- Required to complete practicums when assigned;
- Expected to write clearly using proper grammar and punctuation.
Lifelong learning students are not:
- Held to strict APA standards in formatting written assignments (but must cite sources properly);
- Required to take proctored exams.
At the discretion of the faculty member and the specific course being taught, some assignments may be identified in the course as optional for noncredit students. Faculty members may also elect to modify assignment requirements for noncredit students, such as word count or page count.
All grades for noncredit students are either Successfully Completed (SC) or Not Successfully Completed (NC). This grading criterion is used for all assignments and the final course grade.
Lifelong Learning Tuition
Invest in yourself.
This personal journey of self-discovery will be one of the most valuable investments you will ever make. Earn a Certificate of Completion* from an accredited university!
Each Lifelong Learning course is $750 for 12-weeks of online instruction.
*Certificate fee applies; PDF copy conferred at no cost. Click here to view a sample!
Lifelong Learning students may enroll in most courses in the Transpersonal Psychology curriculum, with the following exceptions:
- Integrated Imagery: Regression Hypnosis (IIRH) courses: TP6115, TP6120, TP6125
- Courses that are cross listed with the Master of Arts in Mindful Leadership curriculum: TP5200/ML6055, TP5205/ML6200, TP6305/ML5020, TP6315/ML6205
All courses are offered online allowing students and faculty from all over the globe to interact and learn from one another. Courses are offered in four, 12-week semesters.
- TP5000 Introduction to Transpersonal Studies
- TP5005 Spiritual Crisis
- TP5010 The Inner Life: Dreams, Meditation, Creativity, and Imagination
- TP5020 Foundations of Transpersonal Psychology
- TP5050 Religion, Spirituality, and the Transpersonal
- TP5065 Prisms of the Soul: Holistic Self-Assessment Tools
- TP5070 The Transpersonal Relationship: Holistic Mentoring and Applied Intuitive Arts
- TP5100 Origin and Destiny of Human Consciousness
- TP5105 Leading Issues in Transpersonal Psychology
- TP5110 Science and Spirituality
- TP5150 Psychology of Creativity
- TP5155 Creating a Meaningful Life
- TP5250 An Introduction to Visual Art Skills: A Transpersonal Approach
- TP6000 Becoming a Teacher of Dream Work/Dream Interpretation
- TP6005 Becoming a Teacher of Finding Your Mission in Life
- TP6010 Becoming a Teacher of Meditation and the Inner Life
- TP6100 Principles of Parapsychology
- TP6140 Mythology and Symbolism: Pathway to Transformation
- TP6405 Mandala Creation as a Transformative Practice