Annual Transpersonal Psychology Scholarships
The Eiji Kaneko Memorial Scholarship
The Eiji Kaneko Memorial Scholarship was established in 1995 by Joseph and Chiharu Frankoski in memory of their son Eiji. Approximately $1,000 is available through this fund each year.
The Peter Newman Scholarship Fund
Peter Newman was a longtime student of the Edgar Cayce readings and passionately believed that Atlantic University provides the best outlet for the information contained in those readings. To that end, he established the Peter Newman Scholarship fund through his estate when he passed away in 2011. Approximately $2,500 is available through this fund each year.
Hester Scholarship and Lecture Fund
The Hester Scholarship and Lecture Fund was founded in 2012 as a tribute to longtime Board Member and advocate for Atlantic University, Larry Hester. Approximately $3000 is available through this fund each year for students or to underwrite lectures from visiting scholars.
Apply for an Annual Transpersonal Psychology Scholarship
To qualify to receive an Atlantic University Annual Scholarship:
- You must be a fully admitted student to the Master of Arts in Transpersonal Psychology program with “unconditional” admission status.
- You must have successfully completed a minimum of three courses (nine credits).
- You must complete the Atlantic University Scholarship Application.
- The application includes an essay. The essay should be submitted as a separate document and sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students applying for a scholarship should express their need for receipt of scholarship assistance to supplement tuition during extenuating circumstances. Students should also address plans for completing their degree.
- You cannot have previously received an Atlantic University scholarship more than twice.
Applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Application Committee. Scholarship recipients will be awarded half the tuition of one course, based on their tuition rate. Apply here.
- Active Duty/Reserve
- Spouse/Dependent of Active Duty or Reserve
Military students can receive a scholarship in the form of a $100 reduction in tuition per academic credit ($300 reduction per academic course). Noncredit courses are reduced $185 each; after scholarship reduction, each noncredit course is $565. To receive this scholarship, the active duty or reserve service member, veteran, or spouse/dependent of active duty or reserve service member will have to complete an Atlantic University Military Scholarship application, submit an essay, and show proof of service by supplying the university with supporting documents.
Application for the Military scholarship is available here.
Nonprofit Employee Scholarship
This scholarship is available to any employee of a verifiable 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Nonprofit employees can receive a scholarship in the form of a $100 reduction in tuition per academic credit ($300 reduction per academic course). Noncredit courses are reduced $185 each; after scholarship reduction, each noncredit course is $565. To receive this scholarship, the nonprofit employees must complete an Atlantic University Nonprofit Employees Scholarship application, submit an essay, and show proof of employment at a verifiable 501(c)(3) by supplying the university with supporting documents.
Application for the Nonprofit Employee scholarship is available here.