Mission & Vision Statement
Atlantic University's Mission Statement
Atlantic University’s mission is to provide a high-quality graduate-level distance education for adult learners that integrates body, mind, and spirit to help people achieve higher human potential and transform their lives, better understand their relationship to all life, and be of profound service to others.
Drawing on the best of the humanities, social and natural sciences, psychology, and religious and spiritual traditions, Atlantic University’s vision is to offer the most unique and distinguished course of scholarship in the fields of transpersonal psychology and mindful leadership by:
- Providing a stimulating academic curriculum that focuses on the nature of consciousness, the nature of personal belief and personal spirituality, the nature of holistic living, and the interrelationship between body, mind, and spirit;
- Providing a high quality continuing and professional education curriculum in a variety of fields related to body, mind and spirit;
- Understanding and meeting the needs of its students, communities and other constituents as they follow their various professional career paths;
- Fostering knowledge of the existence of a dimension to human nature greater than the individual and instilling the notion that connecting with this larger part of one’s self is instrumental to creativity, health, and optimum human performance;
- Encouraging students to test and apply transpersonal concepts personally in order to experience personal growth and integration;
- Enabling individuals to change their lives for the better, positively affecting their relationships and their surroundings in the process; and
- Giving individual’s life experience with their highest integrated potential and their interrelationship to the rest of humankind.