Active Duty, Veteran, Dependent?
We are here for you.
Atlantic University's military educational benefits programs are available to active duty military service members, qualified veterans, members of military reserve or National Guard units, and qualifying dependents.
Your individual eligibility for educational benefits will vary depending on your period of enlistment, length of service, and branch of service. Please contact your branch’s or service unit’s educational services office for more information and determination of benefits.
Students must take 6-credit hours (two courses) per semester at the Graduate level for full-time benefits. Half-time benefits are awarded for 3-credit hours (one course) per semester.
Note: Veterans benefits can only be applied to Graduate, credit-bearing programs. Noncredit programs do not qualify (i.e., Spiritual Guidance Mentor Training Certificate or Lifelong Learning).
For more information on the Veterans Administration (V.A.) Students, Education Programs, go to www.gibill.va.gov.
Military Educational Benefit Programs:
- The Post-9/11 GI-Bill (chapter 33)
- Montgomery GI Bill (chapter 30)
- Survivors & Dependents Assistance (chapter 35)
- Apply for admission
- Create an eBenefits account so you can monitor your education benefits
- Contact your Veterans Affairs military education office to determine your benefits
- Submit a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the Atlantic University Office of Admissions
- Fill out a Military Scholarship form
- Enroll in classes
Commonwealth of Virginia
Department of Veteran’s Services
State Approving Agency for Veterans Education and Training
900 East Main Street, Ground Floor, East Wing
Richmond, VA 23219
- Active Duty/Reserve
- Spouse/Dependent of Active Duty or Reserve
Military Students can receive a scholarship in the form of a 20% reduction in tuition per academic credit ($216 reduction per academic course). Noncredit courses are reduced $150 each; after scholarship reduction, each noncredit course is $600. To receive this scholarship, the active duty or reserve service member, veteran, or spouse/dependent of active duty or reserve service member must complete an Atlantic University Military Scholarship application, submit an essay, and show proof of service by supplying the university with supporting documents.
Each scholarship is reviewed annually. Review begins one year from the student’s first enrollment date and will continue each year until graduation or program completion. During this review, you may need to provide updated documents supporting your or your spouse’s/sponsor’s active duty or reserve status. Failure to report changes in military status can cause a revocation of scholarship.
To qualify to receive an Atlantic University Military scholarship:
- You must be fully admitted in “unconditional” status (as applicable) to the university prior to applying for a scholarship.
- Complete the Atlantic University Military Scholarship Application.
- Complete an application essay: The essay should be 500 words describing why you need this scholarship, how it will assist you in reaching your goals, and how you will use your education to help others.
- Supply the university with necessary supporting documents, for example:
-DD-214 (Discharge of Duties), must have Honorable or Other than Honorable discharge
-Letter from Commanding Officer
-Leave and Earnings Statement (LES)
-VA Letter Certifying Military Service
-Benefit Documentation (TA form, COE, VA form 1905)
5. Email all supporting documents and essay to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Application Committee and should be submitted to the university after being accepted to the university and prior to enrolling in courses.
NOTE: This scholarship cannot be used in combination with Veterans benefits.
|Master of Arts in Transpersonal Studies||$360/cr.
|Master of Arts in Mindful Leadership||$360/cr.
|Integrated Imagery: Regression Hypnosis Graduate Certificate||$360/cr.
|Mindful Leadership Graduate Certificate||$360/cr.||$288/cr.|
|Spiritual Guidance Mentor Training Certificate||$750/course
Note: Students whose studies are interrupted due to military obligations will be allowed to return to their AU studies without penalty. Please speak with your faculty mentor and advisor for more details.