- Ph.D. Psychology, University of West Georgia
- B.A. in Sociology, Emory University
Nick Atlas, Ph.D.
Nick Atlas, Ph.D., is a transformative educator, meditation teacher, and wellness consultant specializing in integrative approaches to sleep, dreams, and the art of relaxation. The Director of Evolutionary Education® and advanced 200-hour Yoga Psychology Teacher Training, Nick is also an accomplished artist, athlete, musician, world traveler, motivational speaker, and forthcoming author. In addition to his role as an adjunct professor of transpersonal psychology, he currently teaches general psychology at the University of West Georgia, conducts pioneering research on lucid dreaming, deep embodiment, and intrapersonal psychotherapy, and inspires his students and clients to realize their maximum potential. He has been practicing and teaching various forms of yoga, qigong, and meditation since 1998. You can follow Nick on Facebook and Instagram and subscribe to his monthly newsletter to receive a free, guided relaxation download.
- Atlas, N. (in press). Yoga Nidra: The art of relaxation. In C. Fracasso S. Krippner (eds.), A mental health practitioner’s guide to holistic treatments. Jefferson, NC: McFarland.
- Atlas, N. (in press). Book Review: The Wiley-Blackwell Handbook of Transpersonal Psychology. International Journal of Transpersonal Psychology.
- Atlas, N. (2015). The second trick every lucid dreamer should know. Elephant Journal. http://www.elephantjournal.com/2015/12/the-second-trick-every-lucid-dreamer-
- Atlas, N. (2014). The one trick every lucid dreamer should know. Elephant Journal. http://www.elephantjournal.com/2014/08/the-one-trick-every-lucid-dreamer-
- Atlas, N. (2014). Shopping for a guru: How to find a spiritual teacher that fits. Elephant Journal. http://www.elephantjournal.com/2014/08/shopping-for-a-guru-