At a Glance
For students who wish to explore transpersonal psychology solely for their personal enrichment, Atlantic University has instituted a noncredit option for lifelong learners.
For students who wish to explore transpersonal psychology solely for their personal enrichment, Atlantic University has instituted a noncredit option for lifelong learners. Almost all of the courses in the Transpersonal Psychology curriculum can be taken at the noncredit level (some restrictions apply). This is a great option for those who do not wish to pursue a graduate degree or a formal certificate, but still want to participate in all that Atlantic University has to offer.
There are no prerequisite requirements for participation in Lifelong Learning courses and students will study with the same mentors as in the degree and certificate programs. Courses taken at the noncredit level do not have academic credit and are not transferable to the master’s degree program.
Lifelong Learning students are
- Held to the course deadlines for assignments;
- Required to read the required material and to respond on the topic assigned (versus digressing from the assigned topic);
- Required to complete practicums when assigned;
- Expected to write clearly using proper grammar and punctuation.
Lifelong learning students are not
- Held to strict APA standards in formatting written assignments (but must cite sources properly);
- Required to take proctored exams.
At the discretion of the faculty member and the specific course being taught, some assignments may be identified in the course as optional for noncredit students. Faculty members may also elect to modify assignment requirements for noncredit students, such as word count or page count.
All grades for noncredit students are either Successfully Completed (SC) or Not Successfully Completed (NC). This grading criterion is used for all assignments and the final course grade.
Lifelong Learning students may enroll in most courses in the Transpersonal Psychology curriculum, with the following exceptions:
- Integrated Imagery: Regression Hypnosis (IIRH) courses: TP6115, TP6120, TP6125
- Courses that are cross listed with the Master of Arts in Mindful Leadership curriculum: TP5200/LS6055, TP5205/LS6200, TP6305/LS5020, TP6315/LS6205
All courses are offered online allowing students and faculty from all over the globe to interact and learn from one another. Courses are offered in three, 14-week semesters.
- TP5000 Introduction to Transpersonal Studies
- TP5005 Spiritual Crisis
- TP5010 The Inner Life: Dreams, Meditation, Creativity, and Imagination
- TP5020 Foundations of Transpersonal Psychology
- TP5050 Religion, Spirituality, and the Transpersonal
- TP5065 Prisms of the Soul: Holistic Self-Assessment Tools
- TP5070 The Transpersonal Relationship: Holistic Mentoring and Applied Intuitive Arts
- TP5100 Origin and Destiny of Human Consciousness
- TP5105 Leading Issues in Transpersonal Psychology
- TP5110 Science and Spirituality
- TP5150 Psychology of Creativity
- TP5155 Creating a Meaningful Life
- TP5250 An Introduction to Visual Art Skills: A Transpersonal Approach
- TP6000 Becoming a Teacher of Dream Work/Dream Interpretation
- TP6005 Becoming a Teacher of Finding Your Mission in Life
- TP6010 Becoming a Teacher of Meditation and the Inner Life
- TP6100 Principles of Parapsychology
- TP6140 Mythology and Symbolism: Pathway to Transformation
- TP6405 Mandala Creation as a Transformative Practice