Non-Credit Continuing Education
For students who wish to explore the content of transpersonal studies solely for their personal enrichment, Atlantic University has instituted a noncredit option for life-long learners. Almost all of the courses offered can be taken at the noncredit level, some restrictions do apply. This is a great option for those who do not wish to pursue a graduate degree but still want to participate in all that Atlantic University has to offer.
There are no prerequisite requirements for participation in noncredit courses and students will study with the same mentors as in the degree program. While the content of the courses in the noncredit program is similar to the content in the Master of Arts degree program, these courses are of a less rigorous nature, do not have academic credit, and are not transferable to the Master of Arts degree program.
Non-credit students are:
- Held to the course deadlines for assignments.
- Required to read the required material and to respond on the topic assigned (versus digressing from the assigned topic).
- Required to complete practicums when assigned
- Expected to write clearly using proper grammar and punctuation.
Non-credit students are not:
- Held to meet strict APA standards on writing assignments.
- Required to take a Proctored Exam.
At the discretion of the faculty member and the specific course being taught, some assignments may be identified in the course as optional for noncredit students. Faculty members may also elect to modify assignment requirements for noncredit students, such as word count or page count.
All grades for noncredit students are either Successfully Completed (SC) or Not Successfully Completed (NC). This grading criteria is used for all assignments and the final course grade.
Copyright © 2014 Atlantic University. All Rights Reserved.